Would a £5000 Innovation Voucher be beneficial for your business?
In what can only be seen as a superb opportunity for UK based businesses, Innovate UK is offering Innovation Vouchers up to £5,000 to work with an external expert in order to help businesses gain the knowledge they need to innovate and grow.
The expert help could be advice on how to address a real challenge relating to managing Intellectual Property relating to your business’s products, processes and services.
Innovate UK intend to award around 100 vouchers once every three months with vouchers being awarded in January 2015, April 2015 and July 2015, via an online application process, with the next round of funding closing on 21 January 2015.
Who can apply:
Innovation Vouchers are available to you if:
• You are a start-up, micro, small or medium-sized business located in the UK;
• You need specialist help to meet a business challenge;
• It is the first time you have worked with your chosen expert;
• You have not previously had an Innovation Voucher from Innovate UK (previously the Technology Strategy Board).
How to apply:
The online application process is available now through the Innovate UK website.
In making an application, if you have not already done so, you must also register with the Innovate UK’s online network _connect, entering your business details.
You will also need to answer a few short questions about why you want the Innovation Vouchers, the impact it could have on your business and the expert you are considering working with.
It is recommended that you allow around 30 minutes to complete the process, but we would advise that you are clear from the start how you intend to use the vouchers if awarded to you. For example:
• What is the project you want advice on
• What is the challenge(s) you wish to address?
• What kind of advice do you want?
• Which expert do you intend to use?
What are the next steps for you?
TLIP can advise you on how Innovation Vouchers could benefit your business, how to complete the online application process and can also work with your business to provide expert IP advice.
This article was prepared by Paul Lynch who can be contacted on +44 (0) 113 2460151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please get in touch with us if you require any further information.