TLIP is a founder and active member of IP Inclusive, a group which is working to make the intellectual property (IP) professions in the UK more inclusive, to ensure that all those who have the necessary aptitude can join the IP professions, regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability, wealth or background.
TLIP contributes financially towards the production of a website for Careers in Ideas. The Careers in Ideas initiative promotes the careers available in IP to school-leavers, college-leavers, and University graduates, and educates schools, career advisors, teachers, pupils and parents about the extensive careers on offer in the IP sector.
Paul Lynch and Alex Turnbull, founders and Directors of TLIP commit to:
- Providing visible and proactive leadership to improve D&I in my organisation
- Taking D&I seriously at the highest level
- Embedding and valuing D&I throughout the organisational culture
- Building trust and safe spaces throughout the organisation
- Educating myself and my colleagues about D&I issues
- Sharing my privileges
- Insisting on equity
- Working closely with HR and/or management colleagues to achieve this aim.